Friday, May 8, 2009

take me back to that place

because that title has never been done for a "stuff I want" post.

2 people on Flickr have dogs named Tashi. They're really cute dogs, so I don't mind.

So, I've checked the weather for the next 10 days. Apparently its finally time to pack away the warm black tights, the adorable LBD, the red heels, the black beret, and well, everything else black in my closet. Or in other words, everything.

I will be the first to admit that I hate summer. I could live a long, long time without sundresses, shorts, lightweight shirts, and sandals. Give me a cashmere men's sweater and I'm good. I like my jeans, my tights, my boots, my black. Basically I like my black. Black is not a summer color. But black is my color.

So, for summer, white is my color. And yes, I like white. Its breezy, airy, cool. Its no black, that's for sure. But sometimes its the only thing you've got. Like when its 108 degrees out. That white starts to look pretty darn good.

Part of my detesting of warm weather is the lack of clothes I have for it. I own four sundresses, two pairs of shorts (that I would actually wear), one skirt, one pair of sandals, and maybe a shirt or two. Maybe that doesn't sound too shabby, but I rarely wear the same thing in the same way twice.

My shopping list currently includes: and this will probably be my birthday list too:

-a leather messenger bag
- a new purse (not cloth, pretty color- perhaps salmon or yellow)
- a Calvin Klein dress from Ross. This is like, the perfect dress. I'd like it in white, maybe yellow. Its a bit stiff and structured, which is probably why I <3 it. Its about $40 though. So we'll see. I want my mommy to buy it for me.
- white heels. I have cream wedges right now, but I'd like some actual white heels.
-a lightweight white sundress, to be worn with all sorts of cardigans and such.
- a cute little straw men's fedora.
- another pair of white ballet flats. I'm getting the impression I'm going to be wearing mine a lot, and since they're from Payless they're guaranteed to get worn out.
- some more light lovely dresses

I want to spend a day in bed. But not in my house. I don't know where. I just do.

Maybe when I go home I'll lie under the trees. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment