Monday, April 20, 2009

its our time now

We went to Venice Beach yesterday.

Any ideas I ever had about being a hippie are now cured. Seriously, it was nuts. All the street vendors were totally high. Or coming down from a high. Or looking for more pot. Or selling stuff praising the joys of pot. Or selling paintings they painted while high.
I asked this guy how much for one of his necklaces and he goes
"Free, if you give me a cigarette."

And I'm like "I don't have one."

He's like "Why not?"

"I'm 16. (stupid)"

"So? You should start smoking. Your supposed to question authority. Its not like you'll get cancer."

"I don't want to smoke."

"You should move out here and become a model--you're really beautiful. (Ew) College is stupid. Your just gonna work for some male boss for the rest of your life....move out here."

I start walking away and he yells out "think about what I had to say!!!"

Gee, thanks for the unsolicited advice.

We got in the car later and I said "I am going home. I am taking a shower. I am putting on a suit, and I am surrounding myself with books and jewerly and my bed and my nice things. I will never ever ever do drugs, I will never ever be a hippie, and I will never live on the beach."

I started thinking about what it is in people that makes everyone want to convert people to their way of thinking. I mean, I get why Christians do it. We have the truth. But people are never content to have a way of life and just follow it themselves. They have to drag other people with them. We can talk about complete tolerance all we want-- but I think its impossible. The majority of people can't live without others in total agreement with them.

Also, why is it that people get to say "Oh my God" till the cows come home; but if someone draws Muhammad in a cartoon the Muslim countries throw a riot and we all listen?
I've also never understood Muslim people who are seriously conservative Muslim and say that phrase.

Life. I just don't get it sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment