Thursday, April 16, 2009

red wine

i'm actually loving dance this week.

I think I actually want this: http://printliberation.com/store.php?id=110 I mean, aside from the hilariousness value, its a momento. a sort of memoir of the first half of my life. something I could show my children someday. I have a feeling my mom/dad would not buy that for me or let me buy it. Hmm.

I need some more (actually, I just need. I don't have any) cool graphic t's.

I WANT THESE:http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu34/truly-scrumptious03/redshoes.jpg

I have decided, because as you all know, I am the ultimate authority on all things--especially fashion *ha*----men should wear heels. Not like the ones pictured above, but like, thick heels. Those sort of dress shoes that all fabulous guys wear? They should have heels.

This is so amazingly ridiculous that I love it: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjUXJx-08gi9CpG6wmXtvvxiUmOKHIlN1iy1dKjUKrwF-Gu_a2fVmgppHyXTqROeuV8GYnAK-I0hBdTLnjKlk4CWFOh_dL4_-xvpuVDh5Me_fWeVsEEqGCe7_5TB_iAx1q8Jl1tPxyYtPuv/s1600-h/00490h-1--2009.03.10.13.58.47.628120_base.jpg

and these were so obviously made for me: http://www.barneys.com/Miminette/159016371,default,pd.html look at the reasonable heel! How fabulous!

Today one of my professors was talking about how if something is Prada than we can totally get away with anything and the kitchen sink. It is SO true. I mean, if someone handed me those shoes above (the first pic) and was like "here, your fabulous, have some Loubutins!" I would put them on in a heartbeat. (I would than proceed to spend the rest of my life thanking that person. Probably by offering them my entire existence as their personal slave). If someone was like "here, your fabulous, have these shoes from WalMart" (even if they did look exactly the same- WHICH THEY WOULD NOT) I would give that person my most standoffish look and proceed to stalk off in the opposite direction. (okay, so not really.)

Maxi dresses from Ralph Lauren? All right, okay. Its Ralph. Maxi dresses from Mervyns *no longer in businesss PTL* NO.
Which leads me to....
Imitation is not the same thing. I, personally, feel extremely strongly about not carrying fake bags, wearing fake sunglasses, etc. etc. 1. Its tacky. Because even if you can't tell the difference, I guarantee you, someone(s) can. 2. Its ugly. 3. Its sort of cheating/lying, in a way. and 4. it sucks.

hmm hmm.

I think I need a job and I need to not need to go to college/have expenses so that I can just buy extremely expensive shoes and bags.

Garance Dore is amazing. She's dating the Sartorialist. Which just adds to her amazingness.

I found myself sitting in class today wishing they made women's dress pants stiffer. Like, women's dress pants are often sort of wide and airy. (maybe its cause my calves are quite small in comparison to my thighs?) I wish they were more straight legged, or skinny. Not pegged legged. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment