Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Je l'aime

I have decided that I am going to work on one of my most important life goals this spring/summer.

I am going to teach myself French: the whole shebang. How to speak, read, and understand. I considered taking a French 101 class this summer, but I would be missing the last two weeks because of my Washington DC trip. Obviously, that would not work out. So, I'm going to teach myself.

First, I am going to order a set of basic CD's to teach me conversational French. I'll upload those to my iPod. I'm also going to subscribe to a podcast in French--what about, I am not sure. We all ready have a French dictionary at home, so I'll use that. I also need to purchase a guide to French grammar. The best website on teaching one's self a foreign language suggests doing one audio lesson a day, as well as reading through a grammar guide at the same time.

Eventually I'll read some beginner French stories, building up to the pieces (some political theorists) that I really want to read.

currently I am listening to Beauty and the Beast songs in French. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment