Friday, March 20, 2009

instead i'm losing it...

My friends call me an airhead. One of my best friends tells me about 40 times a day that I'm stupid. I always protest that I really am not stupid. Really. See, its not that I'm stupid. So yeah, I can't put on a bracelet without help. I miss the trashcan every time I try to toss my coffee cup in. I use words at the wrong time, or I have extremely brilliant thoughts that I can't put into words. I fail math, geography, and vocabulary quizes. I never turn things in on the right day (I just charm my teachers into not taking off points...)

But I'm not stupid. I mantain fabulous grades in the classes I care about (and at least B's in the others. Last semester would be the exception to all this). In my spare time I read the LA Times, Newsweek, The Economist, and WORLD. (Unlike Ms. Palin, I know the publications I read). I read a ton, actually. I'm actually well educated and informed. My life does not just consist of fashion, coffee, music, and dreaming of my Prince Charming. That's just the part that gets shown off more. I do so much more than skip around town in fancy dresses. Really. :D

I woke up 15 minutes before I needed to be at school today. I had a black camisole on, and over it I threw on a blue striped DKNY shirt that happens to be my father's. I rolled up and buttoned the sleeves, tucked the extremely long ends into light blue skinny jeans, and threw on some comfy Target hats. And a pearl bracelet and black beret before running out the door. My hair is kind of nice and yet gross at the same time. (Leftover hairspray and wavy curls).

Now, to make this story more effective, you have to understand yesterday. Yesterday I woke up an hour and a half before school. I curled my hair, I carefully pulled out black stockings, a black dress, black wedges, a charcoal Calvin Klein blazer, and dug through my jewlery box for jewelry. I did my makeup- more than the powder and mascara that seems to it lately. I made an effort.

Yesterday, one person told me they liked my outfit. Today? Probably 10 people.

And its not about compliments to me, so I don't really care, but this happens all the time (to everyone, I know) and it makes me laugh. As long as I'm not wearing a Hollister henley and UGGs everyday; I love what I wear.

I love Friday's. Especially when I get out at 11. I want to go shopping. I want money. I want Grandpa. :D I actually do want to go visit my grandparents. I miss them.

I'm debating the shorts delimna. Things like shorts, in my mind, require plannning. You cannot just throw on a pair of shorts. You have to shave, and use lotion, and hope that you're still in shape. In the words of the most hilarious story ever told to me "We do not just rush into things like...wearing shorts. We have to pray about this."

No comments:

Post a Comment