Wednesday, March 18, 2009

what's it like in new york city?

One of my favorite songs of all time. its so dreamy and beautiful. what is it like in new york city?

in one of my more witty moments I once said "there must be more than this suburban life" i.e. a reference to Beauty and the Beast. I was sitting in the parking lot this morning and I look over the freeway and the hills and I just want to fly away. I wish I could start running and just see where i end up. (I wish I could run that long, haha. i would probably be a size or two smaller in jeans!)

I feel right now that life is an enigma of things to be learned. In the midst of my studies I'm devouring books. I've moved into the library. So many books (though never enough) all representing the topics that compose life.

I want to learn French. I have said this before, but I really do every day regret not taking French. I want to learn it. And I should. It's not as if I've ever shown any natural talent for foreign language. (I don't show much natural talent for anything, ha, except for reading, I suppose). But oh well. I will learn French someday.

the number of things I will do someday grows greater every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment