Monday, March 23, 2009

you are what you love

...so I am an umbrella.

OMG, this is SO awesome: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjBlgZbQIio66POO2s2buea-9yAT_20d4dmspi-LgxD3T9mDRAL4YBDBuC5P0xxND02DPoZzdVs4TwdwUG4Y5jVB2r47PNp3oOS4vB3y0YJbyy6AqsYjM2mB3qHfq3CML2miJ0vcvHCT07e/s1600-h/pedicab5.jpg

they rented pedicabs for their wedding to carry all the guests about! How cool is that???
I've never taken a pedicab, though they abound in San Diego. *New life goal: Ride pedicab*

OH! So the best day of my life happened on Friday:

About 14 months ago, I became the proud owner of red polka-dot rainboots and a polka-dotted umbrella. They were beautiful, and I did a photoshoot with them in the pouring rain. That night, I went to church and accidently left my umbrella in the foyer. I realized my mistake 10 minutes after leaving, and rushed back to the church. To my dismay, the church was now locked. I called my friend Taylor and her dad (who works at the church) promised to check for me the next day.

No luck. I than checked the lost and found on Sunday. No luck. I checked on Wed. No luck. I checked twice a week for nearly five months. (In this time I returned numerous Bibles to people who had lost them--karma, people..JK) I told the story of my missing baby to anyone who would listen. Every time it rained I lamented the story of my poor umbrella to all who would listen. I spent days standing in the rain, getting soaked, looking up at the sky...all the time wondering "where are you? how could you go?"

My faith in humanity was nearly shattered. Who steals a polka dot umbrella? From a church? When its raining?? What is the world coming too? I know, people murder other people everday. But to steal a little girl's umbrella? *How could you be so heartless?* My hope was gone; yet I never bought another umbrella. I toughed it out in the rain. (my classmates have told me I look like a wet dog...)

And, than, on Friday night, I went to a Chasing Cadence concert at church. The music was great, Bethi got to go, and we were all just singing and hanging out. Fabulous stuff. (I really liked the outfit I threw together, another plus). We took a short intermission about half way through and I went to get some tea. I come back and am making my way back to the "mosh pit" when, on stage, the drummer comes out from backstage twirling a polka dot umbrella over his shoulder.

That moment was one of those you see in movies. When the entire world is running past you in chaos but all you see is your one true love. And than- I screamed at the top of my lungs, and the moment was broken. I ran onto the stage and was like "Ohmygoshthat'smyumbrellailostitmonthsagoanditsmyfavoritethinglikeverohmygoshthankyousomuch!!!!"

the drummer, who is now my greatest hero, gave me a high five and handed my umbrella to me, where it stayed in my arms the rest of the night.

the craziest parts of this:

-had the umbrella stayed in the lost and found one more week, it would have been taken to the Goodwill
-some of my friends had seen the umbrella back there, yet not attributed it to me. (its okay, lesson learned: the next time you lose something, make LOST: posters)
-had the drummer merely seen the umbrella back there and had a chuckle, than left it, i would not be in the state of joyous reveling that I am in now, and for forever.

I am so blessed.

oh, and thank you mr. drummer dude. you probably think i am out of mind; but you have changed my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment