Tuesday, February 17, 2009

here's to everything, coming down to nothing

For the record, life is not about being "comfortable". Particularly in America, where comfort= ugly. Comfort is for after dinner lounging or Saturday mornings. Comfort is not all day everyday.

Jeans are not uncomfortable. What's uncomfortable is the awkwardness that seeing every inch of your body fat exposed in leggings brings. Jeans are a staple of life for a reason- they are comfortable without being appaling. No, I'm not suggesting we sleep in jeans. But people who wear Juicy Couture sweatsuits all day every day- really. One, you clearly make a choice to wake up in the morning and put that on. You could have very easily put on jeans and a white v-neck. I know, you would not look like "I paid 450 dollars for my outfit." (Tracksuit + Uggs= ~450) Instead you would look like "I favor simplicity over expensive pajamas. As such, I am intelligent."

http://fashionista.com/2008/04/post_1044.php#more

^ Don't get me started on shoes. Why, oh why, must people wear Crocs? And I like Uggs, I'll admit. Yes, they are shapeless. Yes, with skirts and dresses they look a bit bizarre. But they are warm and yes, they are comfortable.

If I had $500, I would buy this:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2997439?refsid=252394&refcat=0%7e2376779%7e6008000%7e6006945%7e6007998&SourceID=1&SlotID=1&origin=related

I love these, if they had some left in my size I would buy them:
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=21&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=14990964&parentid=W_SHOES_SALE&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=21&navAction=poppushpush&color=&pushId=W_SHOES_SALE&popId=WOMENS_SALE&prepushId=

These look, dare I say it, comfortable:
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=41&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=15563158&parentid=W_SHOES_SALE&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=33&navAction=poppushpush&color=&pushId=W_SHOES_SALE&popId=WOMENS_SALE&prepushId=

I kind of want an American Apparal circle scarf. I saw a few days ago a DIY version; I'd prefer that to paying $30 for a large piece of amazing fabric.

I think denim shorts and tights should NEVER be worn together. It usually looks incredibly trashy.

I'm trying to be more positive here...sooo I'm loving this blog: http://missthumbelina.blogspot.com/ Very whimsical.

Currently I love:

- dresses + skirts. Quick story about that: On Sunday night Bethany and I are hanging out in my room eating brownies and I go "I really want to wear more skirts and dresses" and she gives me this look and goes "I never thought I would hear THAT again". See, a year or two ago I had the misfortune of becoming easily influenced (to make a very long story short) and wore floor length skirts. Not fashionable, fun, flirty floor length skirts. Think Khaki. Think Denim. Think I should be punished for that phase.
Anyhow, this weeks Weardrobe theme is skirts. I'm going to enter.
- boots. To go along with my love of dresses and skirts in this 40 degree weather I have come to love boots. I picked up some sweet boots at Buffalo Exchange a few weeks ago and I'm dying to wear them. Unfortunatly, they need to be resoled first. :-(
- brunettes. And I hate my hair lately, for the record. the stylist that last caught my bangs should be fired. Good at doing brows, bad at doing bangs. and my blonde hair is geting less blonde. and more striped. Bleh.
- the look of many bracelets. Another funny one for me. I don't wear bracelets, watches, etc. For one thing, my wrists are very tiny (I have skinny arms, even in proportion to my body). I'm thinking of making some friendship bracelets (I'm sure they have a chicer name them "friendship bracelets").
- Paris. But I always love Paris. I'm trying to figure out how to work a french class into my future schedules. because my life dream is to study over there while in college.
- short dark bright nails. I'm getting my acrylics off in a few days (too expensive, I'd rather have $30 dollars more of clothes/shoes than long nails). I love perfect short nails in dark colors like red, purple, etc.
- big scarves that sort of look like you're wearing a blanket around your neck. :-)
- this blog: http://thedrifterandthegypsy.blogspot.com/ I plan on visiting daily.

Au' revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment