Thursday, February 5, 2009

thank you jimmy

Its raining super super super hard. I'm in the library at COC and all I can see for miles out the window is fog. You can hear the rain on the roof. Its AMAZING. I'm tempted to go do something stupid or just dance around and get soaking wet. But I'm listening to Rihanna and reading fashion blogs....so....



Rain makes me more creative.



Tomorrow is pajama day at school. I've gone back in forth between whether I'll actually participate or not. Part of me is like "ummm...stupid..." another part is like "well...be a little creative" I wouldn't actually wear my everyday pajamas- Charlotte Russe christmasy bottoms and a bra, lol. I've come up with an outfit that involves a blue and white shirt of my dads. and i'll probably go with that. especially since I just saw pics of the most adorable french girl wearing something similar.



but I feel like wearing a dress.



I'm reading chictopia and every single person on there, I swear, owns a black leather jacket. and a plaid shirt.



things I wish I could wear but would probably never be able to work:



-a plaid shirt. i feel i'd look too daisy dukeish.

-leather jaket. too punk

- fake/real fur jacket. i have one I bought at a garage sale for ~5 bucks when I was 11. I have never once worn it. and it looks sooooo warm. but i'm kind of afraid of being stoned by PETA people. especially since i'm kind of a PETA person myself.

- super high heels. MK+A Olsen style. when I find my Amazon/Gladiator signifcant other who's like 6"5 than maybe. until than, I don't feel the need to look more like a giraffe. however, even if I were 4"11 and 90 pounds i doubt my mom would let me wear them anyhow.
- american apparel. I don't get that store. like, i see people wearing stuff from there and i'm like "ohhh!" and than i go to the store/website and am like "huh?' I would like some basic tees from there, though.
- a class ring. while i don't personally want one, i want someone in my family to pass there's down. my grandpa has one that he wears as a wedding ring.

this guy at school today told me "you look so much better than last semester, what happened??" he was joking, at least partially. i was like "yeah..I look so much better this semester when i roll out of bed, put on something cuteish, and than top it with a burgundy sweatshirt that I seem to insist on wearing everyday." that thing is like a comfort blanket or something to me. I got in an argument with a friend-person the other day and went home immeadietly for the sweatshirt. i've never washed that thing. (am I in a confessing mood today??)

does everything look better with a large designer bag and a Venti Starbucks?
i need to go thrifting.

1 comment:

  1. Leather jackets work wonderfully if you wear them with nicely fitted jeans and knee-high boots -- very classy. Plaid shirts too! I think all the things you listed you can pull off if you wear 'em right. :)

    HAHA I completely agree, for some reason people just look more respectable when they have a coffee cup in hand.

    I'm so superficial.

    ReplyDelete